Design OptionsCustom Design or Professional Template... We do both.
Port Town Websites can develop your site using a custom design or a professionally designed website template. It is your choice. The functionality and accessibility of both sites will be the same.
Why use a Website Template?
It saves time:
- Cut the design phase from weeks to hours.
- All of the design elements are in place.
- You choose the exact design that you want.
- The graphic design of a site is the most expensive part of
a small site. It can cost thousands of dollars for even the most
- A professional design can be purchased
for as little as $75.00
And keeps you current!
- Designs are created by professional designers.
- Template has been tested and will work on a variety of web browsers
- Template is written using current web standards
- The design can be tweaked to allow for your personal tastes.
Not happy with your website?
Don't feel alone. There are lots of sites out there in need of a makeover. Many sites that are up and running were created by students who were employed part-time, employees who had little website experience, or website companies that no longer exist. And many of these sites have not been updated in years!
Port Town Websites can help you overcome this problem by applying a applying a new design or completely replacing your existing site. We'll take the current content of your site, keep the items that you determine are still relevant, update any stale-dated content, remove the outdated items, and add new material to bring the site up to date. It's that easy!
Yes, we can "fix" your template
We can implement or modify website templates. So, if you have purchased a template and need help creating your site, we can help. Also, if you would like to modify a design feature of an existing template, we can do that as well.
When redesigning or fixing your website, we can discuss your situation to determine your needs. It is important to take into account your marketing efforts, offline and online, to try to leverage them both.
The redesign process is a little easier than the initial creation, because you already have a web address and some content.
Keep your target audience in mind!
When trying to decide if you need to revamp your site, you should consider the following:
- Research the design of your competitors websites: what to they have?; how do you stack up?
- Evaluate your existing website: is the design working?; is the navigation intuitive?; is the font legible?; Does it work with current browsers?
- Review your current content - text, photos, external links: Is everything up-to-date?
- Define your target Audience - what would appeal to them.
- Review your online and offline marketing. Are they in sync?
- Analyze the Keywords and Keyword Phrases used on your site - are they relevant? Would they be used by your target audience.
- How quickly does your site load - do the pages appear quickly?
- Review your webstats/analytics to see how your site is being viewed.